Plastic & Cosmetic surgery hospital in Suchitra Kompally, Hyderabad
Plastic surgery is a type of surgical procedure that involves the reconstruction or alteration of the body’s appearance. It can be performed for a variety of reasons, including to improve the function of a body part, restore a normal appearance after an injury or illness, or enhance the patient’s appearance for aesthetic reasons.
Plastic surgery can be broadly categorized into two types: reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery. Reconstructive surgery is typically performed to correct abnormalities caused by birth defects, trauma, infections, tumours, or diseases. Examples of reconstructive surgery include breast reconstruction after mastectomy, cleft lip and palate repair, and scar revision.
Cosmetic surgery, on the other hand, is performed to enhance the patient’s appearance. Common examples of cosmetic surgery include breast augmentation, rhinoplasty (nose job), liposuction, and facelifts. While cosmetic surgery is elective, it can have significant psychological benefits for some patients, such as improved self-esteem and confidence.
Plastic surgery is a complex and specialized field that requires extensive training and experience. Patients considering plastic surgery should thoroughly research their options and consult with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon.
- Improved physical appearance: One of the main reasons people choose to have plastic surgery is to improve their physical appearance. Procedures such as breast augmentation, liposuction, and facelifts can help patients achieve a more youthful, attractive look.
- Increased self-confidence: When people are unhappy with their appearance, it can negatively impact their self-esteem and confidence. Plastic surgery can help boost confidence by giving patients the appearance they desire.
- Correct physical abnormalities: Some people are born with physical abnormalities or develop them due to injury, illness, or disease. Plastic surgery can correct these abnormalities and improve the function and appearance of affected body parts.
- Improved physical health: Some plastic surgery procedures can improve a patient’s physical health, such as breast reduction surgery to alleviate back pain or rhinoplasty to improve breathing.
- Better mental health: Plastic surgery can have a positive impact on a patient’s mental health by reducing anxiety, depression, and social phobia associated with physical appearance issues.
It is important to note that plastic surgery is a major decision and should not be taken lightly. Patients considering plastic surgery should have realistic expectations, fully understand the risks and benefits of the procedure, and work with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon like we have at Russh Hospitals, Suchitra
There are various tests and evaluations that may be performed during the pre-operative assessment for plastic surgery. The specific tests and evaluations may vary depending on the type of surgery and the individual patient’s health status. Here are some examples of the types of tests that may be performed:
- Blood tests: Blood tests may be ordered to evaluate the patient’s overall health status, including blood cell count, liver function, and kidney function.
- Imaging tests: Imaging tests such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans may be ordered to evaluate the area of the body being treated and to identify any potential anatomical abnormalities.
- EKG/ECG: An electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) may be performed to evaluate the patient’s heart function.
- Pulmonary function tests: Pulmonary function tests may be performed to evaluate lung function, particularly if the patient has a history of respiratory problems or if the surgery involves the chest or abdomen.
- Allergy tests: If the patient has a history of allergies or previous adverse reactions to medications or anesthesia, allergy tests may be performed to identify any potential allergens.
- Psychological evaluation: In some cases, a psychological evaluation may be recommended to assess the patient’s mental health and emotional readiness for surgery.
These are just a few examples of the types of tests that may be performed in plastic surgery. The specific tests ordered will depend on the patient’s individual needs and the type of surgery being performed. It is important for patients to fully disclose their medical history and any underlying health conditions to their plastic surgeon to ensure a safe and successful outcome.
It is important for patients to thoroughly research and evaluate hospitals and plastic surgeons before undergoing plastic surgery. This includes considering factors such as the surgeon’s qualifications, experience, reputation, and patient satisfaction rates, as well as the hospital’s accreditation and safety record. Patients should also schedule a consultation with their chosen plastic surgeon to discuss their individual needs and goals and to ensure that they are a good candidate for the procedure. It is important for patients to make an informed decision and choose a hospital and plastic surgeon that they trust and feel comfortable with. At Russh Hospitals we provide you with the best in class treatment options with high success rate
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry call us.
WELCOME TO RUSSH SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITALS